It goes without saying that when you run a business, your chief target is profit maximization, which means that you want to earn the maximum profit with low cost; in other words, you want to produce good results without costing a lot of money. One way to be cost-effective is to optimize your company’s print fleet management. Are you already optimizing your company’s print fleet management? Or you are planning to do so? Well, there are many options you may consider in order to enforce secure printing within your company. Find out about what you need to know to optimize your company’s print fleet management in this article.
What is “print fleet management” and what are the advantages?
Simply put, print fleet management is the management of the entire print fleet within one company including multifunction printers, copiers, and other devices. With your print fleet being managed, you can embrace numerous benefits. We have listed some of them below:
- You can track and monitor all the printing in the office, thus you can control costs
- It is time-saving which means that it can improve productivity and efficiency
- it helps to reduce your ecological footprint (EF) so that your company’s demands on global natural resources are reduced too; that is to say, you automatically go green
- It makes your information security better as the safety and privacy of critical data are ensured
- It enables you to identify your needs in terms of machines to use
- It improves the quality of service
What should a company do to optimize their print fleet management?
In order to profit from the advantages mentioned earlier, the ideal solution for a company’s printing system is to consider hiring a print fleet management company. The latter is a company which has developed a software
generally designed to restructure the fleet of printers and to collect information on printing devices and their consumptions. Not only does the software allow you to monitor the status of the printers and the consumption on end within the company’s network at any time; but it also enables you to identify inactive, overloaded or congested printing devices. You will be notified, usually by email, on the toner level or any malfunctions. Hiring a print fleet management company is beneficial for both small companies with a small potential number of printers and corporations with a large number of branches.
There are plenty of companies that offer this service of complete and advanced print fleet management on the worldwide market. They all claim that the system is easy to use, the data flow is reliable, it is secure and flexible for a fleet of printing devices at customers’ premises with a focus on improving service levels while reducing costs. Therefore, you have the opportunity to be selective in your choices.
What is KPAX?
is a centralized management solution for multi-brand office printing devices” either for professionals in the printing market or for IT Managers of key account. It collects information from all the printing devices such as copiers, multifunction printers and printers. There are many assets in using KPAX:
- KPAX support team is proactive as far as monitoring and maintenance are concerned. They quickly determine the most-effective way to intervene.
- KPAX predicts supply replenishment like the toner. They will automatically place re-order requests so that toner can be delivered to you.
- You feel secure as user’s personal information is never collected by KPAX.
- Other advantages of using KPAX too are that it allows companies to limit the number of people who can use devices, to set restrictions on printing certain documents and to track the print usage.
To avoid unnecessary expenses and to prevent excessive printing, it is crucial that a company have a better control of their print costs by managing its fleet print or have it managed by another company that specializes in it. A few simple things can be done to manage the print fleet, for instance, rules and policies related to the printing system can be implemented; as old machines cost more to operate, getting rid of them and replacing them with modern multifunction devices can reduce energy costs and save money on print supplies, namely the toner and the ink; also, the smaller the printers are, the less electricity they use during operation; however, an unmanaged print fleet definitely leads to a waste of time and money. So, if print fleet management can boost your company’s sustainability profile and corporate responsibility, why not engaging subject matter experts and just let them do their jobs?